Teams succeed at Australian Surf Lifesaving Titles in Perth
The Australian surf lifesaving championships are one of the premium amateur sporting events in the world.
Up to 70,000 competitors attend the championships, this year held at Scarborough Beach, Western Australia.
Dial Before You Dig sponsored club Mona Vale won the Open Mixed Surf Boat Relay for the second year in a row.
Mona Vale were chasing a fourth consecutive victory in the Open Men's Surfboat event.
For the second year in a row all but one of the crews in the Open Men's Surfboat final were from NSW.
It was a case of close but so far for Mona Vale, who took the silver to Austinmer in the final.
Congratulations to Austinmer, Australian Champions for 2014.
Congratulations also to the following crews from Dial Before You Dig sponsored clubs:
- Mona Vale Under 19 Men, fourth in the final
- Mona Vale Open Women, semi finalists
- Mona Vale Reserves Men, quarter finalists
- Bondi, who reached the top 16 of the Open Men's Surfboat competition
- Mona Vale Green, who reached the top 8 of the Open Men's Surfboat competition
Above: Mona Vale club member Jon Dibbs Tweeted this picture of the silver medallists in the Open Men's Surfboat at the 2014 national titles.