We offer four types of live training and information resources.
1. Awareness Presentations - learn more about how the service works, limitations, member plans..
2. Seminars – forums with our members and partners for local building and civil trades.
3. Guest speakers – A staff will attend a conference or safety day and speak on a particular aspect of the DBYD service
4. Plan reading - session on how to read and understand the basics of underground and above ground asset utilities plans.
Topics of discussion:
- What is Dial Before You Dig
- How Dial Before You Dig works
- Usage of DBYD on iphone and Internet
- Limitations of plans from DBYD members
- How to avoid damage to underground pipes and cables Network’s protection process
- Emergency numbers and procedures
- Your legal obligations when working near underground network.
- What type of pipes and cables are buried underground.
- How you can protect your business.
- NSW gas and electricity new laws
The DBYD collateral and presentation (45mins) is free.
The Network awareness presentation is (1:15mins) and has a cost to it.
Oatlands guest list
Dial Before You Dig provides:
- Signage (the branding rights for the whole night)
- Speakers to SME from member organisation and Industry bodies
- Dial Before You Dig branded collateral on the night
- Dial Before You Dig will cover the cost per person that have registered
- Dial Before You Dig will give certificates were required (CPD points)
Organisers undertakes and provides:
- Invite the relevant trades and companies
- Provide or hire a hall or venue
- Food/snacks for the attendees
- Organise parking
- Provides tables and chairs
The Seminars usually take about 3 hours.