Dial Before You Dig
Online draft DBYD NSW/ACT 2020
Upcoming events pamphlets:
Dial Before You dig offers network awareness presentations for the building and civil construction industries.
Who should come?
Anyone associated with building, construction and civil works. This includes:
- Project managers / officers
- Team leaders /supervisors
- Engineers / designers
- Field staff
- Office design staff
- Machinery operators.
In short, anyone associated with work near buried pipe and cable networks. To request a presentation, please fill in the request form under training.
Topics of discussion
- How to avoid damage to underground pipes and cables and recent examples of damages.
- Asset Relocation process
- Plant location process
- Type of paper work required for site
- The 4P process
- Underground protection process
- Emergency numbers and procedures
- Your legal obligations when working near underground network
- What type of pipes and cables are buried underground
- How to identify pipes and cables
- How you can protect your business
- NSW gas and electricity new laws